BEWARE the Management at Hotel Modera
BEWARE: Before booking a room at Hotel Modera, keep in mind that they may falsely accuse you of breaking the law on their premises, without any proof, and without you even being their. They also may put a charge on your bill based upon these false accusations. And finally, they will treat you like a common criminal while you discuss the accusations and check out of their hotel.
Read more at portland.citysearch.com
While being away from the hotel, all day on Sunday, the Management came to "believe" that my wife and I were smoking in our room. Upon returning to the hotel, we had a voicemail accusing us of such actions and threatening a $250 charge to our room. I quickly called the front desk and was assured that they were not going to charge us based upon this false accusation.
When we went to check out, they chared us the $250 fee. We then had a heated discussion with management where they agreed to remove the charge but would not apologize for harassing us and even acted like they were doing us a favor.
I have never been so angry with the management at a customer service based business! The memories of our nice trip are now stained with anger and frustration from Hotel Modera.
Some important notes:
1. here was another hotel room door right next to ours (where the smell could have been coming from)
2. We were out all day and even offered to show receipts proving that we were not in the hotel during the day. They declined
3. We asked to go up to the room immediately with the staff for them. They declined
4. They could have simply entered the room (it is their property) when they thought they smelled something rather than falsely accusing us
5. They could have called my cell phone to learn that we were not on the premises
6. We had another couple visiting Portland with us. They could not believe the accusations and felt that we should have made a bigger fuss than we did
Do you think it's worth the risk to stay at Hotel Modera? I wouldn't recommend taking the risk!